In the past, we’ve been trying many different recipes for beef tapa. Actually, there are many recipes available online but being in Canada has limited our ability to obtain the right and perfect ingredients. So we settle to use vinegar instead of calamansi just to fill the need for the lacking sour ingredient. But still, something is missing. Calamansi can really make a big difference. So we ended up, using the local version of it that is available in the Canadian grocery stores.
Lemon. Upon using it, trial and error method was consistently applied until we reached the nearest best version of beef tapa we can actually have in our very own kitchen.
So here’s the recipe. Feel free to make any change on the portion of it. Never be afraid to try something new.
1 1/2 kilo Beef sirloin, thinly sliced
1/4 cup sugar (brown is ideal but not necessary)
1/3 cup minced garlic
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Mix the soy sauce, lemon, and sugar. Make sure that the sugar is melted completely.
2. Add the salt and pepper. Then the garlic.
3. When all the ingredients are properly mixed, put the beef on the mixture.
4. Put the beef tapa in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but overnight gives the best result.
5. Fry the beef tapa, then serve it with a sunny side up eggs and fried rice.